The overall mission of the White Mountain Apache Higher Education Program is to provide financial assistance to eligible tribal students to pursue and obtain their Associate of Arts/Science, Bachelor of Arts/Science, Masters or Professional Degrees through a Junior College, University or Specialized School. The Higher Education Program fulfills its commitment to the White Mountain Apache Tribe by producing knowledgeable tribal members to maintain, protect and serve the people and resources of the tribe.
UNDERGRADUATES: Should carry a full-time load with no less than 12 hours per semester. Freshman students must pass 12 credit hours each semester, earning a minimum G.P.A. of 1.7. Sophomore students also must carry 12 credit hours each semester with a minimum G.P.A. of 2.0. The grade-point average is based on a 4.0 system.
GRADUATE STUDENTS: Must pass each semester with 9 credit hours and earn at least a 3.0 G.P.A.
- Higher Education Grant Application
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA - also called "Pell Grant Application"
- Letter of Admission from the College or University &/or Pre-Registration
- High School Transcripts or GED Certificate
- Financial Needs Analysis (FNA) from College or University
- Certificate of Indian Blood or Affidavit of Enrollment
- Student Aid Report (SAR) information sent after
FAFSA is submitted
- Students entering into the program must take the ASSET Test and
submit test scores to the Office of Higher Education. Official
Transcripts are required after each semester.
FALL: MARCH 15TH
SPRING: SEPTEMBER 15TH
|Processing of Applications||Processing of Awards|
|Outreach to High School Seniors||College/Voc. Tech Fair|
|College Resource Library||Financial Aid Information|
|College Work Study||Student Visitations (at various campuses|
|Individual Guidance||Freshman Awareness Program|
|Consultation with Local Schools|| Merit Program|
|Liaison with College Counselors||Collaboration with College Indian Centers|
|Liaison with College Financial Aid Offices||Federal Educational Grants Resources|
Financial Aid Specialist
Recruitment Specialist/Voc. Advisor
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT OUR OFFICE IN WHITERIVER
ON SKILL CENTER ROAD
- WEST SIDE OF THE EDUCATION BUILDING -
|White Mountain Apache Tribe|
|PO Box 250|
Whiteriver, Arizona 85941
| Telephone||(928) 338-5800|
FAX (928) 338-1869